Saturday, January 29, 2005

Journey to northern Bangalore

Yesterday, I took a trip to northern Bangalore to have a look at my son's new school (he and my wife will be coming over in late March). The Canadian International School looks nice, but what really caught my eye were:

-- Groves of eucalyptus trees

-- Banana trees, well within the city limits

-- Thirty- to 40-foot tall bamboo

I also checked out an area called RMV Stage II, where some who send their kids to the Canadian school live. Lots of REALLY nice houses. My driver said it's nicknamed "the Dallas Colony," as in the prime-time '80s soap starring Larry Hagman as J.R.

After tooling around that area and another area, I've decided to go with the relocator's Plan A -- an apartment called the Brigade Orchid near Mahatma Gandhi Road. Living there will be the Bangalore equivalent of living just off Fifth Avenue.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger Vc said...

Just a small Correction ... Its actually called the " Dollars Colony " . Its because all the NRI's , Non Resident Indian's buy/build houses in this area using dollars . :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home