Saturday, January 08, 2005

OK, NOW I'm Flying Out

I'm waiting at Heathrow for my flight to Bangalore. Today will mark two firsts for me: my first time in Asia and my first time in the Middle East. I'm taking British Airways to Abu Dhabi, where I'll spend about 5-1/2 hours. Then, it's on to Bangalore via Gulf Air.

Needless to say, I am dreading the long flight (OK, it's not as bad as flying to, say, Singapore or New Zealand) but am very excited about seeing Abu Dhabi and my new home in India.

I gave Diane and Jay big hugs this morning just before I got into the car to take me to the airport. I won't see them for about three months, and I know I am going to miss them terribly.

My next post won't be for a while. The flight gets into Bangalore around 6 a.m. local time, and I've been invited to brunch later that day by my new colleagues. So, most of my day will be spent sleeping or unpacking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home