Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

I take The Hindu, which bills itself as "India's national newspaper" and has been around since 1878.

On Tuesday, I read this subheadline in a story on the latest developments in Nepal:

"Moists Torch Bus"

A typo, of course. It should have been "Maoists." There has been a Maoist insurgency in Nepal for years.

But, when I read that headline, I found myself picturing a band of men with butch haircuts saying, "Oh, a wise guy, eh?" as they attacked the bus. With a band of Curlys chanting, "Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk."

1 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Blogger Bear said...

On Indian (English) papers available in Bangalore

Deccan Herald leads in readership
Times of India is second
Indian Express and Hindu bring up the rear

Hindu is very left.
Indian Express is left-center.
Times of India is a tabloid.
Deccan Herald is also left-Center

and a personal favourite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home