Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Yum

On the way home last night, I stopped off at the New Shanthi Sagar, a vegetarian restaurant off Airport Road with a bright neon sign and a nice look to it that had caught my eye.

I asked my waiter for recommendations, and he obliged. I started with dahli puri, which were open shells dusted with paprika and filled with and surrounded by sweet, liquidy yogurt. Small, sweet kernels of corn (at least that's what it looked like and tasted like) dotted the yogurt, which is called curd here.

The main course was that southern Indian mainstay, the dosa, a thin, crispy pancake made with rice flour. I had a masala dosa with cheese. The masala part consists of a mixture of gently spiced potato, onion and (I think) parsley. It's delicious.

Note to Bangaloreans and any other south Indians reading this: if I get anything wrong here, please make a comment and I'll correct.

Dessert was Anamica, an ice cream sundae made with vanilla, pistachio and strawberry ice cream with dried fruit, a kind of jelly and honey.

Yum.

1 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just like to recommend Brindavan (M.G.Road) and Curry Leaves (near Koramangala Shanti Sagar) for an authentic South Indian Cuisine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home