Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Quailing at the grocery store ...

Another case of living-abroad differences smacking you in the face:

Recently, while shopping at Nilgiri's, a chain of groceries that caters to locals and expats alike and has ordinary items as well as luxury ones, I chanced upon a small box of a dozen ...

Quail eggs.

For 20 rupees, roughly equivalent to 50 cents U.S.

Even by local standards, this is not a huge amount of money (It costs me a little more to go to work by auto-rickshaw).

I've always thought of quail eggs as a luxury item, but I've been happily eating them since (Hint: They taste better boiled than scrambled, unless someone knows a spice I should be adding other than pepper).

2 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Vc said...

Why don't you try a pinch of chilli powder.. a few coriander leaves and a few slices of onion.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Hmmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home