Tuesday, May 31, 2005

OK, It's the Monsoon

There is no doubt in my mind that the monsoon is here. Following the Mother of All Thunderstorms on Friday , it's been cloudy some mornings and we've had some strong afternoon thunderstorsm.

This evening, the rain came down in sheets. I was very glad to be in a car and not a rickshaw, whose sides are open to the elements (See Tilt-a-Whirl in the Rain).

But the monsoon has not -- so far -- been what I had feared: constant heavy rain (For constant light rain, go to Britain). And it's brought very welcome lower temperatures. Which means, as far as Bangalore is concerned, that the hot season is over .

3 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Blogger Vc said...

Yes the Monsoon is here. From now its going to be raining in the morning (when your all set to go to office) and in the evenings(when your all set to go home).The afternoons are going to be sunny :).

Carry your umbrella everywhere you go .

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Alok said...

To see the real monsoon you should really go to Mumbai, or central India. I used to live in Indore (in Madhya Pradesh) and up there it used to rain heavily for days on end.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Kit said...

HI!! I'm so excited to see someone else besides me who is completely new and wide-eyed at india! I went there for a month in December 04, for a holiday with my BF (he's from india.. currently in aus, I'm from SA) and it was just, well, unforgettable. It's such a different world, yet the same.. just WOW! Hehe.

I know those mothballs btw, I also wondered about them.

Bangalore was by far the best place we stayed in (besides all the tourist places like Agra/Gwalior/Shimla), it's so cosmopolitan and very westernised, but is still definitely India.

It's so weird travelling in Autos (rickshaws) cos to me they felt like some theme park ride: small, limited seating and not designed for the road! I was surprised that there was no issue of bagsnatching but my bf said if anyone tried it, bystanders would just beat the thief to a pulp (strangely reassuring!) But man are the roads bumpy!

OK OK OK sorry, I'm typing too much, so lemme finish by saying "wooooo, Indiaaaaaa!"

(you can edit this post if it's too long)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home